The new integrated lifestyle service in Dudley launched on Saturday 12th of August in Market Place, Dudley 10am-4pm! The wellness coaches were on hand providing community health checks and carbon monoxide readings from the ‘wellness on wheels’ van and shared the new www.Lets-get.com website. The website has information, tips and advice on all the ways we can live happy and healthy lives including managing our mental wellbeing, information about alcohol, stopping smoking, eating well, managing weight, staying active and connecting to the community that we share.
The Let’s Get Healthy Dudley service offers:
- Wellness coaching 1:1 sessions.
- Weight management support options which include; Slimming World, Weight Watchers, shapeup4life (12 week nutrition and exercise programme) or referral into our specialist weight management programme.
- Stop smoking support.
- Signposting to opportunities for fun and friendly exercise and physical activity around the borough.
- Signposting to voluntary and community groups that can help people connect with others and become active within their community.
- Cook4Life course supporting you to make healthy eating choices.
The Mayor of Dudley attended the event, as well as Councillor Miller, the Cabinet Member for Health and Wellbeing. The event was fun and informative, with entertainment and activities as well as face painting and balloons for children.
Additional events took place in Crown Square, Stourbridge on the 16th of August and Somers Square Upper, Halesowen on the 17th of August.
For more information contact Let’s Get Healthy Dudley 0800 0614962.