Solutions 4 Health is attending a number of forthcoming events in Dudley to increase the accessibility of its NHS Health Checks programme
The NHS Health Check programme is open to all adults aged between 40 and 74 years of age (who have not already been diagnosed with diabetes, hypertension, heart disease, stroke or kidney disease). It offers a free assessment of cardiovascular disease risk and includes a lifestyle assessment, BMI calculation, and blood pressure, blood glucose and blood cholesterol measurement. Clients are given their cardiovascular disease risk, and in Dudley Solutions 4 Health are additionally providing them with free referrals to slimming, exercise, healthy eating and weight management services available locally, and discounted vouchers for local leisure centres, according to their health needs.
The Solutions 4 Health Dudley Health check team will be available at:
- Public Health Olympic Event on the 22nd June from 10.00 am to 1.00 pm in Dudley Castle Courtyard
- Carers Week Rethink Mental Health on the 22nd June
- Olympic Torch Event at Silver Jubilee Healthy Hub on 30th June
- Dudley Libraries Health Market, 5th July at Kingswinford Library
- Netherton Park Funday, 14th July at Netherton Park Healthy Hub
Solutions 4 Health are already offering Health Checks in the daytime, evening and weekends at community venues across Dudley, including Dudley Health Hubs, libraries, community centres, Ladies Walk and Brierly Hill Health & Social Care Centre. For more information, call Katherine on 07769 270395 or the Solutions 4 Health Booking Centre on 0800 634 9139.