Solutions 4 Health are looking forward to attending the Tackling Childhood Obesity: The Next Steps for Local Prevention & Intervention event in London on the 15th October 2019
The Government’s Childhood Obesity Strategy promotes healthy eating and active lifestyles. However, childhood obesity continues to be an issue for 1 in 5 children starting Primary school, and by 2020 it is estimated that half of all children will be overweight or obese. As boroughs around the country settle into a new partnership system, a revised approach is required to ensure all children benefit from early intervention and prevention.
Join us this October to review government policy around Childhood Obesity and explore how your region can better support child health through the new partnership system. We will discuss best practice and recent guidance with leading experts in the field in order to achieve greater outcomes for children.
Key issues to be addressed include:
- Overview of the results of the childhood obesity strategy so far and what the future is likely to bring
- Examples of innovative local approaches for tackling childhood obesity
- Understanding the connection between social deprivation and obesity on a local and national level
- Improving the provision of healthy food in all public sector settings
- Pooling budgets for the best results for early years
- Recent policy and guidance in developing the role of schools in promoting healthy eating and exercise
- Promoting healthy eating and physical activity in early years settings
- The role of Health Visitors, School Nurses and other health professionals in tackling childhood obesity
- Tackling the dual problems of childhood obesity and health inequalities
Find out more about the event here